Monday, March 07, 2011

Wow I need to be a better blogger!!! Update since last post!


Hey all!! Brady and I are back in Utah!!! We just moved back and we are looking for a job for Brady and working on us both getting back into school!!!

California for us this last year was awesome! However it was also hard because we were away from Family. We are back now and we are both loving being around our families again.
Here's a quick update! on what happened the last few months in Cali and what's going on now!

For Thanksgiving we were able to go up to a friends house in Scott's Valley. Through part of October and the first part of November, (up till about thanksgiving) we had a really good friend Shaun living with us. He has a family member living in Scott's Valley and we were able to meet him and his wife Nickie. Brady and I both admire them and they are such a fun couple to spend time with and be around. They invited us up for Thanksgiving with them because we didn't have any family close enough that we could go have dinner with them. It was a blast. Then we invited Dan and Nickie down for a Christmas dinner with us. We were able to get together with them meeting halfway at a restaurant shortly before we left for Utah and have one last dinner with them. I wish we had more time to get to know them better. I definitely admire them both and love being around them.

Christmas was good for us out in Cali, we both felt like we were showered in Christmas presents, especially for our first Christmas away from our families. Our families and friends spoiled us!
The main thing I got for Brady was the special extended edition of The Lord of the Ring Trilogy as well as a copy of the original story by J.R.R. Tolkien. I know that The Lord of the Rings is one of his favorite story lines and I definitely like it too! We were able spend an entire day doing a Lord of the Rings Marathon over Christmas Exodus where that's all we did was eat munchies and watch all three Extended Versions! It was awesome!
My main present from Brady was my new pair of Pointe shoes. (While we were in Cali there wasn't a lot of opportunity for me to do the Ballroom that I like to do, so I found a great Ballet coach and worked with her. She was able to help me get my technique and ballet focus back and I made it back into my Pointe shoes!)

For New Years we were able to go Whale Watching in and around the Monterey Bay with a Whale watching company with Marine Biologists on the boat and everything! It was FREEZING cold out on the water because it wasn't sunny or anything. But it was a lot of fun, we were able to see a small pod of about 5 dolphins and two different Grey Whales. it was a fun experience. We are hoping someday we'll be able to see Blue Whales, Orca's, Humpbacks, etc.

Brady turned 25 in January and we were able to take a drive down the coast and visit awesome sites and see great waterfalls etc. And we were also able to go to a beach covered in Elephant Seals and get some pretty good pics and videos. It was a nice relaxing day and we had a lot of fun just being together and going for a drive on a beautiful sunny day for his birthday.
At the end of January as we were preparing to move back home, I had the unfortunate incident of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was about 3 blocks from home, stopped at a red light and a guy in a big company van wasn't paying attention and didn't stop. He caused a 4 car pile up/bumper to bumper. Me and my little Blue car were squished in the middle. The car has since been repaired which is good, but there were over $5,400 worth of damages. The multiple impacts and the force of the impacts sprained my back, gave me whiplash, restructured the Cervical Spine in my neck and tore my Inguinal Ligament in my left hip. It's been a struggle but I'm slowly recovering. My body won't stabilize yet and I know that it's going to be a long haul.... I know in my heart I'll be able to dance again for fun and for the love of it, but I also can tell that I will probably never be able to handle the stress it takes to dance as seriously as I was before. It's frustrating but I'm just going to try to make the best of it.

On our move back home right before my 22nd Birthday we stayed in Las Vegas. We combined both Valentines and my Birthday and we went to see The Lion King on Broadway while we were there. It was AWESOME!! We also were able to go to the Titanic Exhibition. That was also way cool!!!! We stayed in St. George and got to see Nic and Britt and the girls while we were there.

Now we are back in Utah and just trying to settle in. We are trying to find Brady a job (so if you know of anything please let us know!!) Then we are both getting ready to go back to UVU for school. Brady might end up transferring later on to BYU or something but for now we will both start back as Wolverines! YAY!!! We are both stoked to be back and loving life. We hope to be able to see everyone soon now that we are back and getting settled!

Hopefully now that we are back and have the Internet I'll be a better blogger. :) At least I'm hoping and Praying that I will be. :) Until Next time. We wish you all the best!

~Brady and Kimberly

No comments: